Dating witney oxfordshire Chatzone adult chat
Burials from the 7th century have been found in the Bronze Age burial ground on Standlake Downs.
Brighthampton was first recorded in AD 984 in the Saxon era, when it was part of the Royal manor of Bampton.
For parts of the 17th and 18th century it was owned by Lincoln College, Oxford.
By the 13th century the parish had five mills on the River Windrush of which two were fulling mills involved with west Oxfordshire's trade in wool.
In 1980 the rectory was sold as a private house, and in restoration work in 1981 the new owners uncovered early 17th century wall paintings in an upstairs room over the hall. After the English Reformation it became a cottage and was absorbed into Manor Farm.
Further alterations and additions were made in the 18th and 19th centuries, and dilapidated outbuildings including the parish's tithe barn were demolished.After her death, Richard II granted Standlake to William Montacute, 2nd Earl of Salisbury.Standlake belonged to John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster by 1388 and was recorded as part of the Duchy of Lancaster until early in the 16th century.Neolithic implements have been found north of Standlake village.Late Bronze Age urn burials have been found in ring ditches north of Brighthampton on Standlake Downs.
When his heir Richard de Redvers, 4th Earl of Devon died in 1193, Standlake passed to the Crown.